Join us for a one-day technical course addressing the latest fiber optic technologies, sensors, readout units, and software as well as applications within the geotechnical and structural instrumentation industry. The course will be highlighted by Dr. Daniele Inaudi (SMARTEC).
Dr. Inaudi has over 20 years of experience with Fiber Optic Monitoring solutions and is an integral part of the Roctest/Smartec team.
We’re offering two training sessions in October:
- October 22, 2019 – Toronto, ON
Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre
3063 S Service Rd, Burlington, ON L7N 3E9
- October 24, 2019 – Longueuil, QC
Sandman Hotel Montreal-Longueuil
999 Rue de Sérigny, Longueuil, QC J4K 2T1
- $400. Covers cost for 1 lunch and coffee breaks, book “Fiber Optic Methods for Structural Health Monitoring“, USB Key with course material (price for first person from same company).
- ASCE or AEG Members – $350 (for first person from same company)
- Companies sending two or more participants – $250 for each person after the initial registrant
Agenda for Session
8:30 – 8:45 Welcome and participant introductions
8:45 – 9:45 Fiber Optic Sensors for structural health monitoring and geotechnical investigations
9:30 – 10:30 Demonstration of distributed temperature sensing (DiTemp; DiTeST), long-gauge deformation sensors (SOFO; MuST), and point sensors (FOR-1; FODL-16 / 32)
10:30 – 10:45 Coffee Break
10:45 – 11:30 Integrated SHM design, data Analysis – thermal compensation, concrete structures, multiple sensor combinations
11:30 – 12:30 Lunch
12:30 – 13:30 Application Examples – SHM of Bridges and Buildings
13:30 – 14:15 Application Examples – Geotechnical, Dams, Levees, Tunnels and Sinkholes
14:15 – 14:30 Coffee Break
14:30 – 15:30 Application Example – Pipelines
15:30 – 16:00 Questions
- Download your registration form below (form is complete with course details)
- Email the registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider registering before October 11th.
Who Should Attend?
- Installation / Monitoring Consultants
- Structural Health Monitoring Consultants
- GeoHazard Consultants
- And anyone who is interested in expanding their knowledge of Fibre Optic Monitoring systems